NEW + EXCITING - Box Elder - "Arrows"

 Box Elder - "Arrows"

(self-relased)

FFO: SPRAYNARD, HOTELIER, BLINK-182

Hey look it's a band from Wyoming! Fun! BOX ELDER plays the kind of glossy emo/pop that I might have written off in the late 90s as "false" or "fake" emo cuz I was dumb and opinionated .Boy I'm glad I grew up a bit, as did the DIY scene I came up in. There's now plenty of space for huge hooks and polished songwriting, big shiny guitars and "classic" emo vocal affectations. 

I hear a good amount of SPRAYNARD or GET BENT, and the kind of busy drumming that can be traced back to Travis/BLINK-182. There are few, if any, rough edges here but still tons of energy and passion. We're very excited to have them coming to Olympia in April. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New + Exciting: NITE SPRITES - "No Notes"

NEW + EXCITING: Who Threw That - "Crickets"